A 4-day experience with 15 teams (7 from Top Computer Science institutions) to Fortaleza bringing IC back to the mainstream not just as an Academic context but mainly a Startup pipeline. With a remarkable media coverage, IC brought attention of Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Education specialized media – 207 articles
, 19 at top media channels. This year’s award ceremony put together 1050
attendees in-person (100% YoY
growth largest in the country) and 40k+
online (400% YoY
growth). But besides the breadth audience hit, it’s important to highlight the business impact by engaging some important accounts and partners in this project:
- An important PS account, State of Ceará and City of Fortaleza, funding, hosting and promoting the Education & Entrepreneurship initiatives connecting this message to Microsoft platform. Ceará State act as the main partner, responsible to cover 70% of all activities costs.
- One of largest EPG customer in LATAM, Banco Bradesco, again collaborating as sponsor.
- Banco do Nordeste – BNB, first time as sponsor and hosting the mentoring activities at HUBINE – Innovation Hub of Northeast, BNB’s startup accelerator.
- Brasil+TI, a Science & Technology Minister program, promoting the competition and broadcasting the final ceremony.
- Rede Record, a large TV network and EPG account covering all the activities promoted during the Local Final week.
With a total investment of US$ 108K from Microsoft for the whole FY, the Imagine Week had total investment of +US $550K
from partners, evolving the external partnership model. Imagine Cup is big time inserted at Public Sector agenda.